Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Calm Inside, Chaos Outside


Calm Inside, Chaos Outside, originally uploaded by VincenzoF.

VincenzoF says:

1. I'm 29 years old, married, and have lived in New York City my entire life. My hobbies include photography, music (I play the keyboard and saxophone), cycling, and videogames. In some ways, I'm very much a little kid in an adult body!

2. Photography gives me a chance to show people the world through my eyes. I tend to think even the most mundane of things are beautiful. One of my favorite locations to shoot is the New York City Subway. Most people see it everyday, and never really stop to take a look at what's going on there. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that most people don't even think about the subway or the people as even mildly interesting. Photography helps me to relay those little details that I think people miss.

My equipment:
Canon Digital Rebel XT
Konica-Minolta Dimage X50

3. Flickr is excellent because of the community involvement. People critiquing your work, discussing your work, getting together for a meetup, etc. Instead of just a bunch of jerks with high-priced cameras, you have a bunch of people who really enjoy the art no matter what they shoot with from snapshooters to full-fledged professionals. It really is an amazing site and an amazing group of folks on it and running it.

4. I'm excited about giving my photos a wide audience in the NYC Exposition. Who knows, maybe someone will look at one of them and go, "Oh wow! I never looked at it that way!" If that happens, I truly feel that this hobby of mine will be worth the effort I put into it.

5. I just want to thank my wife for being a patient supportive fan of my work since day one. In fact, supportive is an understatement. Without her, I would be just a guy clicking shots of kids at family events. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not me.


Thanks.


Talk to you soon! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blogs That Flickr
BackNext
• Join •
Homepage


Official PayPal Seal