Saturday, October 08, 2005

Going Underground


Going Underground, originally uploaded by Monster..

Monster. says:

Hello,

I'm Steve Bailey (aka Monster.)

I was born in Portsmouth on the south coast of England and haven't strayed very far in my 41 years.

I love photography; I have always enjoyed composing pictures and the digital age has made it so much more accessible and flexible.

Until fairly recently, I worked in an office for an international organization and got to that stage in life where I needed a change. Life is far too short, and I am now in the process of setting myself up as a photographer.

I have my first wedding under my belt, am working on my own website and once that is up and running will begin in earnest the business of advertising my services for more regular work.

I use and have always used Nikon cameras. I presently have a D70 and a D70s and am very impressed with their performance.

With regard to my style of photography, that's probably a little difficult to pin down. I was nominated for a Flicky award in "Excellence in Diversity in a Photographer," which in a way sums it up. I do try to vary the type, style and subject matter of the photographs I take - so perhaps "diverse" or "varied" best describes my photostream.

Flickr has been like a breath of fresh air. It has been both inspirational and welcoming and a marvelous way to find out what it is about my images that people like or are not so keen on.

The NYC Exposition is a fantastic idea, and I am glad to be able to offer my support. What better way to demonstrate the ethos of Flickr and extend the concept of photo sharing to the wider community.

I wish those that are organizing the Exposition, every success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blogs That Flickr
BackNext
• Join •
Homepage


Official PayPal Seal